Financial Coach Practitioner Certificate Training
A financial coach empowers others to develop their practical and emotional relationship with money without advising them on products.
In March 2002, having taken a career break after becoming disillusioned with the traditional model of financial advice, I created a different type of service. One that creates a non-judgemental space to support people to learn more about their relationship with money and empower them to take better control of, and responsibility for, their financial lives.
Over the past 20 years, I've coached thousands of people and trained over 150 people to become financial coaches. Read about Simonne's journey from financial adviser to coach. Click here for a sample of FAQs and here for a selection of photos from previous training courses held in Brighton.
There is a real, and growing, need for financial coaches. I would love for you to join us in pioneering a new holistic approach to helping people with the money side of their lives.
Simonne's enthusiasm, passion and experience of helping her clients become financially empowered is clear. Her training has given me a whole new perspective on how I can do this too, and I'd recommend this to anyone wishing to help others achieve financial freedom.
Intensive training course
- Throughout the course we will share with you a range of skills, resources and methodologies.
- Using a blended method of teaching - including games, role-plays, coaching simulations, case studies, interactive and experiential learning activities and discussions - we will equip you with everything you need to coach your own clients.
- You'll take away a manual packed full of invaluable resources specifically designed to set you up with all you need to start coaching clients of your own.
- You'll have access to an online training platform to run alongside the live training sessions and for at least 6 months after the course has ended. Click here to watch a demo video showing you around the platform.
- You'll be able to access a huge range of resources via an online folder after the training which are ready for you to download and use.
- Small group sizes are guaranteed to provide plenty of opportunity for you to practice, and receive coaching on, the skills and tools you learn during the week.
- You'll be issued a Financial Coach Practitioner certificate on completion of the course.
The delivery of our courses has now changed from face-to-face to virtual.
Like so many other businesses, we had to quickly move our in-person training to an online learning space. The challenge was to make this just as dynamic and engaging for everyone. But what we discovered far exceeded our expectations.
Courses available in 2020:
Monday 27th to Friday 31st January 2020 (in Brighton - 9am to 5pm) Monday 22nd June to Friday 03 July 2020 (mid-week mornings only virtually - 8.30am to 12.30pm) Monday 20th July to Friday 31 July 2020 (mid-week mornings only virtually - 8.30am to 12.30pm) Monday 7th to Friday 18th September 2020 (mid-week mornings only virtually - 8.30am to 12.30pm) Monday 19th to Friday 30th October 2020 (mid-week mornings only virtually - 8.30am to 12.30pm)
Courses available in 2021:
Monday 22nd February to Friday 5th March 2021 (mid-week mornings only virtually - 8.30am to 12.30pm) Monday 26th April to Friday 14th May 2021 (mid-week mornings only virtually - 8.30am to 12.30pm) Monday 13th September to Wednesday 13th October 2021 (mid-week mornings only virtually - 8.30am to 12.30pm)
Courses available in 2022:
- Monday 31st January to Wednesday 23rd March 2022. Click the link below to find out more and register your interest.
- Further courses to be held in the Spring and late Summer.
All trainings are now being delivered live via Zoom. Small group sizes are guaranteed. Please click on the tab below, which will take you to our new training site to find out more about our 2022 courses.
On this course you will learn how to:
- Apply coaching skills to help people build a better relationship with money and feel calmer, more in control and confident about their finances.
- Help people find practical solutions to their money challenges.
- Use a wide range of practical tools and resources to help people change their financial behaviour and the way they think and feel about money.
- Apply the Wise Monkey Financial Coaching Model, with extensive feedback on your own delivery.
- Work within the boundaries of generic financial advice.
What if you don't come from a Financial Services background?
Alongside our Financial Coach Practitioner Certificate Training, we also offer a series of three 90-minute online interactive seminars 19:00 to 20:30, designed for delegates who do not have any formal training in personal finance. The aim is to prepare trainees for the types of topics that may come up in coaching sessions.
Some people attend our Personal Finance Seminars as a stand-alone to the training to prepare for attending the training at a later date or to broaden their own personal finance knowledge.
Want to know more?
Head over to our new training site, where you'll find all the information you need on our 2022 training courses. If you have specific questions, or would like to arrange a call with Simonne, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I could not recommend the course highly enough. I've come away with so much fantastic information, experience of coaching and resources, that I feel a huge difference in my confidence level to get out there and get coaching. This is the best course I've ever been on, hands down! Can't wax lyrical enough about it.